This event took place at St SAMPSON’S HIGH SCHOOL and was a fantastic opportunity to anyone working in this field, or wishing to do so, to hear from leading professionals in the early years sector, learn about latest thinking in this area and share ideas with other practitioners.
Thanks to all those involved with making the event a great success.
Children who experience high quality early years provision are well placed to achieve better outcomes throughout their school life and beyond into employment.
In Guernsey and Alderney we are working to secure an equality of opportunity to develop a culture of support, reflection and empowerment within the Early Years Sector to ensure our children have the skills, knowledge, passion and independence to fulfil their dreams to become life-long learners in environments that are safe and to promote their health and wellbeing.
Purpose and benefits of the event
- Inspire Early Years workforce for the benefit of our youngest Islanders
- Facilitate professional development and collaboration
- Update workforce knowledge of current Early Years practice
- Opportunity to network with colleagues and build professional relationships and share practice
- Bringing to Guernsey professional discussion and debate to support the delivery of high quality Early Years Education.
- To share current educational thinking and examples of innovative and effective practice for the sector.
- To further develop the Early Years sector in line with the best opportunities for the children of our Island and future.
- Meet new suppliers and agencies to strengthen their support network and professional development