Celebrating Equality & Diversity
We are proud of our Equality & Diversity strategy and achievements.
1. We strive to ensure that individuals at College:
- Are treated fairly and with respect at all stages of our interaction with them
- Have the right to be free from harassment and bullying of any description, or any other discriminatory behaviour
- Do not suffer unwanted behaviour, whether based on age, disability, trans-gender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
- Have an equal chance to contribute to achieve their potential, irrespective of any defining feature that may give rise to unfair discrimination
- Actively advance a culture of celebrating diversity and will maintain an inclusive learning environment of mutual tolerance for all
2. The College will challenge all forms of inequality, discrimination and harassment, and actively promote opportunities for the groups mentioned. This work is regarded as the responsibility of all staff in the College.
3. Any action by an individual employed by the College, or by a student or students which contravenes this policy renders them liable for disciplinary action. Evidence of discrimination or harassment may be considered as gross misconduct. Clients or contractors who contravene the policy can expect appropriate action.
4. We are keen to develop a culture that adheres to guidelines for good practice, ie one that is fully inclusive, promotes equality and embraces diversity. This policy describes how we will fulfil our duties and also how we will develop our practices.