Update following the latest States briefing (last updated Wednesday 17 March 2021)
We will be delighted to welcome our students back into College from next Monday 22 March. We will revert to pre-lockdown timetables.
There are some things which will be slightly different to pre-lockdown. Students will be required to sign in and out of the College building each day as well as their tutor taking the register for sessions. This is to allow Public Health to undertake contact tracing quickly should it be needed. Therefore we will have one entrance on each campus for all students, all students should wear their ID as we will be logging people in and out electronically using ID badges.
Face coverings are recommended in communal areas, however this is a matter of personal choice. Hand washing and good hygiene practices remain in place and anyone with symptoms should not attend College. If anyone becomes unwell with any COVID-19 symptoms – fever, dry cough, headache, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, unusual fatigue, diarrhoea or vomiting, a rash, chest pain, loss of speech or movement – they must stay at home. If anyone develops symptoms whilst at College they will be sent home immediately and advised to contact the coronavirus helpline to arrange testing.
The café service and vending will reopen, as will the gym at LOC and other student activities can resume.
Anyone with worries or concerns about returning to College please speak to their tutor and the progress coach team are also available via GCFE CONNECT, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. In an emergency call either of these numbers 07839 777643 or 07839 777649.
We are really looking forward to seeing all our students and staff back in College and can’t wait for next Monday. Enjoy the rest of the week.
- Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Sport: Sally Warburton – email@example.com
- Creative & Digital Arts and Performing Arts: Jon Snow – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childcare: Paula Grady – email@example.com
- Business: Cheryl Stevenson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering: Mark Pratt – email@example.com
- Access, Progress to…: Sue Lambeth – firstname.lastname@example.org
- English & Maths: Philip Emberton – email@example.com
- Construction: Timothy Le Tissier – firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT & Computing, Office Administration: Dan Hunter – email@example.com
- Health & Social Care, Public Services: Liz Curtis – firstname.lastname@example.org