As we’re currently in Phase 5b of the exit from lockdown we just wanted to clarify the position in terms of students’ attendance at College should they have recently returned to the island.
Anyone returning from a ‘Group A’ country must by law self-isolate for 14 days.
Anyone returning from a ‘Group B’ country must self-isolate for seven days before they have the option of being tested for COVID-19. If they receive a negative test result, they may move into what is being called ‘passive surveillance’.
More information about Group A and B countries what passive surveillance means can be found HERE
In terms of attendance at College, any student who has received a negative COVID-19 test result and moved into the seven-day passive surveillance phase is able to attend.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of the following in regard to COVID-19:
- Our facilities team is still doing an enhanced cleaning regime across all campuses
- We have a good supply of hand sanitiser on all campuses
- We promote good hand hygiene
- We promote good respiratory hygiene
- If anyone becomes unwell with any flu like symptoms (headache, muscle aches, blocked nose) fever, sore throat, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell, they must stay at home. Anyone developing symptoms at College will be sent home immediately and advised to contact the Coronavirus helpline to arrange testing.
- At this time there will be no College trips outside of the Bailiwick, the only exception being in respect of visits to Group C countries as defined in the Exit Strategy. This is currently only the Isle of Man.
Customer Liaison Officers
- Hospitality & Catering/Hair & Beauty/Sport & Public Services/Creative & Digital Arts/Performing Arts: Gillian McCartney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business/Office Administration/IT & Computing: Fiona Girard email@example.com
- Construction & Engineering: Fiona Fish firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Social Care/Early Years: Julie Jones email@example.com
- Access/English & Maths/ESOL/Learner Support Services: Lindsey Hutchins firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to contact our Apprenticeship Team, please email email@example.com
- Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Sport: Tom Aitken – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative & Digital Arts and Performing Arts: Jon Snow – email@example.com
- Childcare: Paula Grady – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business: Cheryl Stevenson – email@example.com
- Engineering: Mark Pratt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access, Progress to…: Sue Lambeth – email@example.com
- English & Maths: Philip Emberton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Construction: Timothy Le Tissier – email@example.com
- IT & Computing, Office Administration: Dan Hunter – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Social Care, Public Services: Kayleigh Baddeley – email@example.com