Update following the latest States briefing (last updated Thursday 4 March 2021)
As you have heard we will be able to reopen next week. The majority of students will be able to return to College from Monday 8 March onwards. We have been working on group specific plans and by now all our students have been contacted to let them know what day and time to come into College. Our timetables have changed in order that we can manage learning with the enhanced measures in place to keep everyone safe. This means that students will have a different timetable to the one they had before lockdown. Depending on their course, this will include a combination of attending College for some face-to-face sessions and a continuation of some online learning. If you are a student and haven’t yet had details of your course attendance pattern, please get in touch. But please do not attend College until you have had your new schedule of attendance confirmed. This will be a temporary timetable until we can revert back to pre-lockdown conditions.
If you are a student, when you arrive on campus there will be a one-way system in place. You will also need to bring a pen to sign yourself into College. Your tutor will be around to guide you into campus. You will need to wear a face covering. If this is a problem, let your tutor know before you arrive at College. Also don’t forget to bring your student ID! Remember to bring a drink and a snack if you want something for your break. If you are working in a practical area please remember to bring in the appropriate PPE, to College sessions – your tutor will advise you. As part of our enhanced safety measures, windows will be open to aid air circulation so please ensure that you dress appropriately and do consider the use of additional base layers, especially if the weather turns colder again. If you have any worries please get in touch with your tutor.
We have put in place a number of measures to keep our staff and students safe, including managing the number of people on any campus, group bubbles, extra handwashing, a one way system on our campuses as well as enhanced cleaning.
Our staff have a very busy week this week, getting everything ready for our students to return. Just a reminder that there will be no teaching online tomorrow Friday 5 March. If you have any questions you can email us on email@example.com and one of the team will be back in touch. You can also call 07839 195800 or 07839 234881 if you would like to speak to a member of the college senior management team.
We are really looking forward to seeing you next week!
- Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Sport: Sally Warburton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative & Digital Arts and Performing Arts: Jon Snow – email@example.com
- Childcare: Paula Grady – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business: Cheryl Stevenson – email@example.com
- Engineering: Mark Pratt – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access, Progress to…: Sue Lambeth – email@example.com
- English & Maths: Philip Emberton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Construction: Timothy Le Tissier – email@example.com
- IT & Computing, Office Administration: Dan Hunter – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Social Care, Public Services: Liz Curtis – email@example.com