Careers & Employability
No matter whether you are just setting out on your career, are looking for a change of direction, or just want to develop a new skill, our Careers and Employability team is here to support you.
What we do
We will take the time to understand your ambitions, qualifications and skills to help you achieve your goals.
Our team can support you with your career planning before, during and after you come to College. Our role is to lead the development of careers education, information and guidance in the College, and to help students overcome barriers to progression, learning and employment.
If you are not sure which career, course or Apprenticeship to choose, we can help you look at the options and support you to make the right choice. We can support you to progress to the next level course within College, as well as help you to make decisions about your options after College such as, Higher Education, Apprenticeships and starting your career.
What we provide
- A stable and structured careers programme, aligned to the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Access to high quality advice about future study options and labour market information.
- A range of activities to enable you to develop your employability skills by meeting with employers and learning about the world of work, as well as experiences of the workplace.
- A range of opportunities to meet future providers of further, higher and post-graduate education, apprenticeships and training.
- The opportunity for one-to-one guidance meetings with professional Careers Advisors, that are both impartial and confidential.
- A dedicated Careers Leader